Any resident of Quogue or East Quogue can get a Quogue Library card by bringing a photo ID and a proof of residency to our library.
Children (under 18) can “prove” residence by having a family member, who is a library cardholder, accompany them to the library and assist them with the application. Parents will be responsible for all fines and lost/damaged fees.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Valid driver’s license with local address
- Current car registration with local address
- Tax bill, mortgage statement or deed
- Current lease agreement
- Signed letter from the landlord stating that you are a tenant
- Military I.D.
- Current student I.D.
- Homeowner’s insurance policy
- Voter registration
- Utility bill
- Bank Statement
- Condo/Co-op shareholders’ member list
- An On-line receipt showing local address
Your library card’s barcode and your password will give you access to our collection of audiobooks, research databases and more. From our card catalog explore our physical collection of books, magazines and DVDs. To check out these items, place a hold in the catalog. When the item is available for pickup, you will receive notice.
Please see the home page for our most up-to-date information on accessing our buildings and collections during the pandemic.
Create a Password
- Create a password for your library card so that you can use it online.
- Click here to bring you to the Patron Record link (link)
- Enter your BARCODE from the back of your library card and enter a 6-8 digit password of your choice (alpha and/or numeric) and click GO
- Re-enter your password in the appropriate fields
- Hit Enter or Display Record
Your name and account information is displayed on the upper left corner of the Records page screen. Below your personal information, you will have options to:
- Change your contact information
- View items currently checked out on your card (if any) and request renewals of those items
- View outstanding reserves (if any)
- With your library card and a password you can renew materials online, AND
you will need a password in order to download eBooks (through Libby), magazines (Flipster) and Movies (Kanopy)
Renew my library card
Quogue residents’ cards are valid for three years. Renewal requires visiting the library with proof of residency. Please see the list above.
East Quogue patrons contracting for library service are required to renew their library cards annually by July 1st.
The renewal process was replaced with an auto renewal for 2020/2021 due to Covid-19 restrictions.
REPLACE A LOST CARD
There is no charge for a replacement card.