lynda.com is a premier online learning resource offering more than 4,000 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more—is now available FREE with your library card.
The library provides 24/7 access to dozens of databases for our patrons, many of which may be used at home.
You will need a valid library card and password to gain access.
Need Further Help? Please call 631-653-4224 ext. 101.
QUOGUE LIBRARY CATALOG
DIGITAL LIBRARY MATERIALS
Discover books, media, and other electronic resources available from the Public Libraries of Suffolk County, New York. Access now »
Kanopy offers thousands of movies, documentaries and more available to Quogue Library cardholders. Access now »
Quogue Library’s go-to resource for best selling digital magazines and more. Access now »
Ebooks & Audiobooks
Ebooks, audiobooks, and more available to Quogue Library cardholders. Access now »
- WHAT IS LYNDA.COM
lynda.com is an online learning site that hosts a constantly growing library of over 3,000 courses that include over 130,000 videos. Courses cover a variety of topics and software that can help you pursue personal and professional goals. These courses are delivered by expert instructors and feature searchable transcripts that make it easy to find quick answers to questions. They also feature Certificates of Completion that can be uploaded to a LinkedIn profile. Lynda for Libraries allows you to watch videos in small, easy-to-manage chunks, and to return to the lessons at your convenience.
- COURSE OFFERINGS
- Art, graphic design, and music classes, teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sound to the Adobe Creative Suite
- Help with computer programs, including videos on how to use Microsoft Office
- Courses that can help you in your career—everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design
- Photography and video… just to name a few.
consumerreports.org is an independent, nonprofit member organization that works side by side with consumers for truth, transparency, and fairness in the marketplace.
- WHAT IS CONSUMERREPORTS.COM
Consumer Reports is a nonprofit consumer organization dedicated to unbiased product testing, investigative journalism, consumer-oriented research, public education, and consumer advocacy.
pronunciator.com is the world’s largest language resource offering more than 1,300,000+ instructional phrases, language permutations, calendar years of audio lessons, content for all ages and skill levels.
- WHAT IS PRONUNCIATOR.COM
Pronunciator creates the most robust, most creative, most effective language-learning resources available in the world.
- COURSE OFFERINGS
• Language courses designed just for you
• 164 languages to learn (including ASL and ESL)
• Localized in 144 home languages (97% of the world’s population)
• World’s largest content base
• Coronavirus Language Course for 101 languages
• Quality human voices, translations and video
• Used by thousands of libraries and universities
ancestry.com lets you access a vast collection of U.S. and international documents online including narratives, histories, indexes and abstracts to other resources.
- WHAT IS ANCESTRY.COM
Historical records and photos hold so many answers about the fascinating people in history. Ancestry Institution puts them at your fingertips, enabling both research and invite critical thinking. Ancestry Institution provides access to the world’s largest online family history resource.